Thursday, May 10, 2012

Trusting God With This Pregnancy

This pregnancy was a gift.  I ovulated early.  I misread the signs.  We were drawn to be with each other.  God is sovereign.  He knows what He is doing, and His Word says that children are a blessing from the Lord.  When God blesses His people, the Israelites, in the Old Testament, He blessed the fruit of their wombs and none of the women cast their fruit before their time.  I am trusting Him with every aspect of this gift.

So, I had a few moments of panic here and there at the beginning of this new adventure, but I remembered that God tells me not to be anxious about anything, but to pray with thanksgiving.  I prayed for no morning sickness and I thanked God for giving me the strength to continue to care for my family.  While I had plenty of food aversions and cravings, tiredness, and sometimes felt rather Blah, I did not suffer from any nausea.  Not once did I ever feel like I was going to lose my lunch, except the one time that I took my vitamins on an empty stomach.  I recommend never taking vitamins on an empty stomach.

I thank God for this gift of mercy.  It is significant because I have five children to teach and care for on a daily basis.  It is also significant because I was sick with morning sickness during the 6th week to the 15th week of the first four pregnancies.  I was not sick during the 5th pregnancy, so long as I avoided all dairy and sugar, in addition to already being gluten-free and stage one Feingold.  This pregnancy is different because Jesus healed me.  I can and do eat anything.  I can eat wheat (after nearly 20 years of being gluten-free).  I can eat dairy.  I can eat eggs (they used to give me asthma).  I can eat melons (they used to cause painful sores in my mouth).  I can eat artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives (they used to cause all kinds of emotional and sensory issues).  I eat anything now, and I was not sick.

I did not fear a miscarriage.  God is love, and perfect love casts out all fear.  Whenever the thought popped into my mind or symptoms seemed to suggest the possibility, I turned to God and thanked Him for His protection.  I thanked Him for giving me peace to rest in Him.

I have declared that certain things from past pregnancies are not going to be a problem in this pregnancy.  When they pop up, I say NO in Jesus' Name.  The athlete's foot went away.  The varicose veins give me little to no pain for 5 days now, and I continue to thank God for this healing.  I continue to ask for complete healing, just as the athlete's foot went completely away.  I have no headaches.  I can breathe at night.  I can sleep at night.  There is so much more, but...I'll stop for now.

I have to mention the contractions!!!  I was on bed rest for four of the five full and near term pregnancies. I put myself on and off of bed rest with the fourth pregnancy.  I had lots and lots of pre-term contractions from 15 weeks or so with each.  They were strong.  They were 10-15 minutes apart.  They made my back hurt and made my body tired.  They worried me.  They worried the midwives and doctors.  They worried everyone.  We took every precaution "just in case".  I did start to get some contractions during this pregnancy, but I thanked God for His goodness and I thanked Him, because contractions are not going to be an issue in this pregnancy.  I give God all of the praise!  I have very few braxton hicks contractions.  My tummy is very soft and squishy pretty nearly all of the time!  It is strange for me to experience this.

What is truly amazing is that I am nearly 20 weeks along (I was put on bed rest at 20 weeks with our 3rd baby), my tummy is as big as it usually is for 6 months pregnant, and I am not having any contractions!  Praise the Lord!

I am looking forward to getting a sneak peek next week.  Gotta go!  Bye!

May 20th Update: It's a Boy! Everything looked great on the ultrasound. Praise the Lord! He is the right size. Everything looks normal. The placenta is in the front towards the top, which is right where I suspected it was because I do not feel any movement there and the heartbeat was difficult to find and was faint at every appointment. WooHoo!

June 18 Update:  For awhile, I began to dwell on my pregnancy and stress about the upcoming ultrasound, and the pain and swelling from the varicose veins returned, as well as the BH contractions. I became tired and uncomfortable. When I gave it back to the Lord and stopped dwelling on myself, the symptoms went away again. I love not having to wear the support hose and I love not having constant contractions. Praise the Lord! Thank you, Jesus!!!

Praise the Lord for His great love for us and for His protection. He is my strength and my shield! I am 25 weeks pregnant today and I am still not having too many BH contractions. I have a few, but not many. I feel great! The varicose veins are still not a problem. They do bulge and I do have more now than before, but they do not cause me pain and I do not wear the support hose. Maybe if I would wear the support hose, I would not develop any new ones, but it is very hot in Houston, Texas. I walk for an hour nearly everyday in 80-95 degree F temperatures. I do not want to wear support hose in Houston in the summer! I do not mind the look of the veins, so long as they do not cause me severe pain as they did when I first noticed them. Praise the Lord that they do not hurt.

I do not know why, but I am as big now as I usually am at full term. Also, I have already gained about 25 pounds at 25 weeks. I do not think I have ever gained more than 25 pounds, but it looks as if I will this time around, because I still have 15 weeks to go. It is a bit unnerving and kinda cool at the same time. If I had not already had an ultrasound, I would definitely think that there were two in there because I'm HUGE! (for me)

No comments:

Post a Comment