Monday, May 7, 2012

Walking and Talking with the God of the Universe

I have recently come to understand what it means to walk in faith.  In everything, I must trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding.  In all my ways, I must acknowledge Him and He will make my paths straight (Proverbs 3:5).  I have begun to seek God by reading His Word and asking Him to teach me (John 14:26, I John 2:27).

God's word says that I must come as a little child or I will never enter the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 18:3).  Romans 8:15 tells me that I have received the Spirit of sonship and that by him I cry "Abba, Father".  So I picture myself as a little child and I approach my Heavenly Father and I ask Him to teach me.  I see myself like my own child who settles himself on the couch next to me and asks me how to spell "dog".  I graciously and enthusiastically teach my child the spelling for the word "dog" because he is now ready to learn it.  When I read God's Word and I find that I do not understand the meaning, I ask Him to teach me what it means.  I am approaching my "Abba" with a heart that is open and ready to learn, and He teaches me.  It has been amazing the way He has given me the answers to nearly all of the questions I put before Him.

God tells me in James 1:5 that I should ask for wisdom and that He will give it to me.  I asked.  He did.  I continue to ask God to give me more wisdom.   I see things now that I didn't see or understand before.

In Jeremiah 33:3, God says, "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."  Like a child, I approached my "Daddy", who happens to be the God of the universe, and said, "OK, I am calling to you now and I am asking you to show me great and unsearchable things that I have not known."  He did, indeed, begin to show me such amazing things that I had never before known or understood.  Our God is real and His Word is living and active in our lives today.  He says that if we seek Him, He will be found by us (Proverbs 8:17 and Deuteronomy 4:29).  He says that He rewards those who diligently seek Him (Hebrews 11:6).  He tells us to seek first His kingdom and His righteousness (Matthew 6:33).

After Jesus healed me and all five of my children from GAPS issues too numerous to name here, but including asthma, eczema, dyslexia, dyspraxia, anger, anxiety, sensory issues, and other symptoms of autism, my eyes have been opened to the spiritual battle that is raging all around us and to the importance of literally putting on the full armor of God and praying on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests (Ephesians 6:10-18).  I have experienced the working of God's power in our lives and am forever changed.  Actually, I was forever changed, and then I experienced the working of God's power in our lives.  I am so full of joy that I can hardly contain myself.  I want to shout it from the rooftops that "Our God is so good!  He's mighty and powerful!  He loves us!!!"

In recent weeks, maybe for a month or two now, I have literally begun to walk and talk with my God.  I walk about 30-60 minutes a day around my neighborhood, and I praise God for everything that He has made and for all of the great things that He has done.  I thank Him for all the good things He has done for us.  I thank Him for our healing.  I talk to God about who He is, and I talk to Him about who I am in Him.  I talk to Him about His Word.  I take my Bible with me so that I can look up verses I know and confirm and cement the references and correct quotes into my mind.  Sometimes I spend time committing a verse to memory.  Sometimes I read passages as I walk.  I talk to God about His Word as I read it.  He teaches me as we walk.  Sometimes God convicts me of something and I confess my sin to Him and thank Him, because He leads me in paths of righteousness (Psalm 23:3) and will not let me continue in my sin (I John 3:9).  He comforts me (Psalm 23:4).  Sometimes I talk to Him about issues I have that are a concern to me (Phillipians 4:6).  He helps me, through His Word, to understand and deal with the issues.  I love my walks with the Lord.  I hope and pray that my walks will continue in some form all the days of my life.

Because the God of the universe dwells in me (John 14:23), He is with me wherever I go (Genesis 28:15 and Matthew 28:20).  He promises me that He will never leave me nor forsake me (Hebrews 13:5).  I can walk with Him and talk with Him, like Adam and Eve did in the Garden of Eden, because He has cleansed me of all unrighteousness through the blood of Jesus and has called me to be His beloved child.  What a mighty God we serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment