Friday, September 7, 2012

Repetition, Duration, and Intensity

I have noticed that I repeat myself a lot.  There is purpose in it.  This is how we learn.  This is how we internalize what we learn so that it becomes a part of us.  This is how God designed us to learn.

I have learned much scripture in the past year or two because I find it, pray about it, talk to God about it, share it, ask for faith to believe it, talk to others about it, remember it, apply it, and repeat over and over and over.  I write about it.  I try to remember the references.  I look it up again and again and confirm that I have the words correct.  Sometimes I use hand motions to help me to memorize it, and sometimes I teach it to my children.  They are internalizing it, because it is repeated and lived out daily.

God has changed us by the renewing of our minds as we replace the lies with His truth through Repetition, Duration, and Intensity!

My children believe that the Word of God is the Truth, because they see (over and over again) the changes in me and in each other as we believe and obey what we learn from His Word.

Think about it.  When we hear something often enough, our minds accept it as truth.  Advertisers know this.  That is why they want to put their products and advertisements in front of us as much as possible.  Politicians know this.  They spend much on campaigns to get their name and face and slogans imprinted in our minds.  Satan knows this.  He whispers the same lies in our ears over and over and over again, and we believe them, thinking that these are our own thoughts.  We are to listen to the voice of the Good Shepherd, and we do not listen to the voice of the stranger.

Repetition, Duration, and Intensity!  I will put God's word in my heart that I might not sin against God. Repetition, Duration, and Intensity!  That's how I learn.  As I walk and talk with God about His word, I learn and internalize the Truth.  God is Love!  I am made in His image!  I am made to love!  I am commanded to love!  I get it!  I believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment