Saturday, November 23, 2013

Love Is Patient

I'm so glad that love is patient.  I find that I keep learning the same things over and over and over.

I used to be impatient with myself and with my children for not doing what we know to do, but now I am just so thankful every time I do what I know I should not do that I recognize once again that only God's ways are right.  I am so thankful that love is patient.  God's patience with me makes me want to be patient with others.

If we are to love God, then we must be patient as we wait for His promises to be kept.  He is faithful.  He does keep His promises.

If we are to love others, then we must be patient with them when they fail to do what we know that they know to do.

If we are to love ourselves, then we must be patient with ourselves as we grow up into Him.  He IS working in us.  He IS changing us.  He IS sanctifying us.  He loves us!

God is love.  He is patient.  He is kind.  He does not envy.  He does not boast.  He is not proud.  He is not rude.  He is not self-seeking.  He is not easily angered.  He keeps no record of wrongs.  He does not delight in evil.  He rejoices in the truth.  He always protects.  He always trusts.  He always hopes.  He always perseveres.  He never fails!

It's true!  Jesus is the image of the invisible God.  He is the exact representation of the Father.  If we have seen Jesus, then we have seen the Father.  Jesus is love with skin on.  He is not only our Savior, but our example to follow.  Praise God!  His love endures forever!  His faithfulness continues through all generations!

No comments:

Post a Comment