Sunday, July 8, 2012

Spiritual Attack Testing My Faith - Part 2

CKS's rash is gone.  He is making great eye contact again.  His attention and focus is improving.  I did NOT change diet.  I did NOT run back to healthy food.  God wants us to trust in Him with all our hearts and lean not on our own understanding (Proverbs 3:5-8).  So I did what God calls me to do, and I ran back to HIM.

SSS continues to do wonderfully in his potty training.  Actually, I would say that he is trained.  He wears underwear all day and puts all of his pee and poo in the big potty.  He has even used the big potty without the soft toddler seat that keeps him from falling in.  He is such a big boy.  He has even used the potty at a restaurant!  Also, his diapers are dry in the mornings, so I will likely put him in underwear at night, too.

Even better than potty training, the whiny, fussy, bad attitude is melting away.  Praise God for that!  That was wearisome.

The bad attitudes and ugly comments from me and from all of my children are fading away, too.  Whew!  Thank You, Lord!

We have had several completely dry nights!  I always give God my thanks for that.

Cheerful, happy, pleasant kids greet me in the morning.  So thankful for that!

Miracle of all miracles (OK, this is really quite small compared to all that God has done, but it is huge to me), I am 28 weeks pregnant (12 weeks to go!) and I am leading VBS music everyday this week.  NO FEAR!!!  God has given me an absolutely miraculous pregnancy (when you look at my history), and He will give me the strength and the words to lead a group of 137 children (plus many adult and teen leaders) in worship and to teach them that God is in control, He is with us, and He will never leave us!

I continue to have only the occasional Braxton-Hicks contraction (not the 4-20 an hour contractions as in previous pregnancies).  I continue to be pain free from the varicose veins on the back of my right leg and in the groin area.  I continue to be free of other common pregnancy complaints.  I feel great!  I feel tired at times, but generally I have lots of energy, especially in the mornings.  It is impossible not to sing of God's amazing love and of His mighty power!  He loves us!  He does!  He hears us!  He does!  He saves us!  He does!

Oh, God, You are great and mighty!  You are so loving and good and kind!  You do not leave us!  You call us to seek You, and You promise that we will find You.  You call us to worship You.  You call us to believe You!  You call us to trust You, to take You at Your word!  I believe You, Lord.  You say what You mean and You mean what You say!  I can count on You!  I have nothing to fear.  If You are for me, than who can stand against me?  You are for me!  You have made me Your child!  You have made me a son, a co-heir with Christ.  You live in me to work through me.  That is what Your will is, Your good, pleasing and perfect will.  How amazing is that!?!  Thank You, Lord, for making me Your own.  I love You.  I love You!  I love You!!!

OK.  I need a little sleep before VBS in the morning.  Lord, give me strength.  Give us all strength!  May You be glorified this week through our time of learning and worship in VBS.  Your Name be praised forever and ever and ever!

2 comments:

  1. That's funny that you mention potty training because at this moment, I'm potty training my son too! Its been a tough road in that, but after repenting of my impatience and frustration, he was successful the last 3 times today! God has shown His mercy and grace in that. I'm praying that success continues. Also, his rash is almost gone, with just a few dry patches. Thank you so much for praying. God is so merciful, compassionate and true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord! It is awesome to hear that your son's rash is nearly gone. May the Lord complete the work. May your son be blessed with clear, smooth skin. May he be completely healed, in Jesus' Name. I hope that potty training is continuing to go well for your son, too. My son is so proud of his accomplishment. He loves to hear (and say) what a big boy he is. I praise him all the time and tell him that he is amazing! He loves it! You know what is so great is that he, or one of his siblings, initiated it. I was content to just leave him in diapers for a while longer. I didn't want to stress about it, so I didn't, and it just all fell into place. Of course, I encouraged it and helped him, when I saw that he really wanted to do it. Blessings upon you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete