Thursday, July 5, 2012

Spiritual Attack Testing My Faith

I always find it interesting that when I post, or share in person, about the wonderful things that I have to be thankful for, that shortly thereafter we have issues with those very praises.  For example, I recently posted on my other blog about my fourth child showing absolutely NO signs of autism, among other things, and pretty nearly everything I posted about is now no longer relevant.

Read post here:
http://gapsfamily.blogspot.com/2012/07/vitamin-d-exercise-and-heart-full-of.html

However, it makes me think, "What is going on here?!?"

This has been a pattern from the start of my blog of our GAPS journey.  I would post something wonderful and give God praise for all of the improvements and for the blessings, then everything would fall apart right after that.  I would refrain from posting for a bit.  It caused me to be hesitant about posting, because I feared what would inevitably follow.  It does seem to be a spiritual attack.

Also, I have been thinking about what I have lately declared out loud and in recent posts.  I have given power back to food and healthy living.  I have declared that I can make a positive or negative impact on the outcome of my family's health with the choices I make regarding food and toxins.  I affirm for other people that food and healthy choices are important.  I CAN influence our health based on food selection, and healthy choices ARE important.  I should NOT discourage people from making healthy choices, but healthy food is NOT what healed us!  Avoiding toxins is NOT what healed us!  JESUS HEALED US!

I give my kids bread, rice, potatoes, cookies, crackers, and ice cream because I have nothing to fear.  They are healed.  When the kids became so sick with a respiratory illness that lasted and lasted, I began to talk about how eating so much sugar and starch was probably what was suppressing their immune systems.  It took three to four weeks of constantly having sick kids to care for which drove me to this thought, but here is the thing.  Even though they were sick, none of the GAPS symptoms were present. In fact, after recovering from the bug, SSS potty trained and CKS began to read and I noticed that ALL of his symptoms were gone, gone, gone!  The older kids were physically sick, but were amazing in the way they handled themselves and dealt with others.  I could not have been more pleased with all of what I was seeing, so I posted about it!  Truly amazing!

Here is what I think happened.  Having sick kids seriously tested my faith.  After a time, I ran back to my old way of thinking, which is that healthy food and avoiding toxins will save us from having to deal with these troubles in the future.  I began to speak it.  I began to share it.  I switched back to healthier food choices and tried to cut back on the breads and sugars.  Lo and behold, EVERYTHING fell apart.  Why?  Because I made an idol out of food and healthy choices.  I put my trust in my idol instead of in God, to sustain us and see us through.

My God, my Heavenly Father, loves me and He will NOT let me go to the left or to the right.  He wants me to walk in righteousness.  I put my trust somewhere else and He lets me suffer the consequences of that choice.  Rashes came back.  Autistic traits came back full force.  Everyone began to act in their old ways again.  I began to lose my sanity and my self control.  I could freak out and run back to what I have known for the past few years or I could run back to God.  I am running back to God!  I have NOWHERE else to go.  He IS my life.

I am not afraid to post this because I KNOW my God is real and I KNOW that He loves me with an enduring love.  His faithfulness continues through all generations.  He hears me when I cry out to Him. He answers me when I call to Him.  I am confident that I will soon be able to post that ALL of the symptoms have gone away yet again and that the beauty I posted about just days ago will be back and my mouth will be full of praise for my King!  In fact, today was WAY better than yesterday.  Things are already improving.  I expect it to get better and better and better.

My youngest two are finishing up with their ISR swim training, probably next week.  CKS began to act autistic again and I spoke it out loud several times that it might be because he was swallowing the pool water.  I confessed it!  I spoke it!  It is not so!  (I know, because only two of my kids are in the water and all six of us were having issues.  Hmm!)  I put them in swim lessons and I was confident that they would be fine, and they were.  I am again confident that they will be fine.  They are amazing!  What they are learning in their swim lessons is amazing!  I am so proud of them.

I will NOT pull them out of the "toxic" water, and I will NOT stop rewarding them with a celebration of their hard work of learning new things in the water.  I will NOT restrict their snacks at VBS next week.  My God is able to keep them safe and sound.  He gives us His Spirit of power and of love and of a sound mind.  I will trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment